We've got a new format for introducing new members of the League, and we're trying it out with the fabulous Elena Steier. We'll be introducing a few more people in the next few days. Don't forget to share the links and pass along invitations to the creative women you know.
TEN Q FOR JOINING THE LEAGUE!
1. What name(s) do you go by?
2. Where can we find your fabulous work?
3. What piece would you want to use for a "first impression"?
You can use a goth scout cartoon. Pick one, any one. [Okay! Click for full size]
4. How did you learn your skill/craft/discipline?
Learn? Hahaha? I only pretend to know what I'm doing.
5. Who inspires you?
My dad. He's no longer extant, but when I think about him, he finds ways of giving me strength.
6. How do you cope with the inevitable discouraging days?
Discouraging usually means things have gone wrong in the social end of things. I recenter by thinking what would I do if I were all alone in the world, what would make me happy. People can be real dicks.
7. What are your goals for your work?
I do hope to draw really well some day. I'm getting there.
8. What wisdom from your own experience would you pass on to other WLoAD
Never give up the opportunity to go on an adventure.
9. If you received a million dollar grant, how would you make use of it?
I really want to start a cartooning school. A place where kids can go after school and work on cartoons, animation and illustration along with other like-minded kids. A million dollars would be great. I could work with that.
10. WLoADed stars need not actually drink ale: what's your fave bevvie?
Campari and orange juice. Yum. Yum.