TEN Q FOR JOINING THE LEAGUE! (or in this case, FOUNDING it!)
1. What name(s) do you go by?
Stephanie, S.L. Johnson and, of course, Queen of Everything.
2. Where can we find your fabulous work (both online and IRL)?
3. What piece would you want to use for a "first impression"?
The WLoADed logo or ‘Deadly Dirigibles’
4. How did you learn your skill/craft/discipline?
School and self-taught
5. Who/what inspires you?
Other creative people, nature, music.
6. How do you cope with the inevitable discouraging days?
It varies- speaking to friends, switching projects, sometimes just doing nothing.
7. What are your goals for your work?
That my work is enjoyed by others. It’s also nice to sell a piece here and there, too.
8. What wisdom from your own experience would you pass on to other WLoAD members?
Have creative friends that are not in the same discipline. Take chances and put yourself out there even if it kills you!
9. If you received a million dollar grant, how would you make use of it?
Open up a center for the arts. Or create a venue to encourage all artists to participate and be shown.
10. WLoADed stars need not actually drink ale: what's your fave bevvie?
Thanks, Stephanie! We'll be profiling other contributors throughout the month. Stop back and enjoy and of course don't forget to pick up your copy of the Journal of the Women's League of Ale Drinkers! A bargain at only 99¢ and chock full of fun. Click the link to your left.