1. What name(s) do you go by?
Sue Menhart, Rock Star
2. Where can we find your fabulous work (both online and IRL)?
Independent record stores in Connecticut
This cute little women’s boutique in Montville, CT called Mesh.
3. What piece would you want to use for a "first impression"?
4. How did you learn your craft?
Listening to the radio, even leaving it on all night while I slept, which subsequently imbedded catchy lyrics, instrumental hooks, and awesome chord progressions into my subconscious for when the time was right to start creating my own.
5. Who inspires you?
People who have figured out how to make a living from their Art, without having to succumb to corporate conformity.
6. How do you cope with the inevitable discouraging days?
7. What are your goals for your work?
To move people - not all the people… just some of the people, some of the time.
8. What wisdom from your own experience would you pass on to other WLoAD
Never give up
9. If you received a million dollar grant, how would you make use of it?
Would create a foundation that would absolutely ensure that no school, nowhere, at any time, could ever cut the Arts from public school.
10. WLoADed stars need not actually drink ale: what's your fave bevvie?
Anything that’s in the cupboard.